As you can see, we’re still getting started here. This is a brand-new sub-site of Learning Tangent Homeschool Magazine that’s just for kids who make and sell their wares.
Here’s the idea:
Adults have been harnessing the power of the internet for 20-something years. We think that kids deserve to have the same access to potential customers, and also believe that they should keep most of the money they make. Instead of being relegated to only showing up on the corner of the street with your stand, or craft fairs, we’re helping you get the word out.
- Learning Tangent will only keep 10%, and handle the sales tax (since I have to do that anyway for the main site (www.learningtangent.com) it’s no real burden, but just one more number to add in to the mix.
- Kids (with parents’ help and permission) can set up shop, add products, keep inventory, etc. I’ll help wherever possible, because my goal is the success of the marketplace and the individuals using it.
- Kid-preneurs will have to learn to track inventory, get great product photos, and learn to market themselves. Can you think of a better way to learn about business than by jumping in and just doing it? We couldn’t either.
- You (or your parents) need to have a verified PayPal account to get paid, as it’s the only way we process payments.
- Kids are – anyone under the age of 18.
We are interested in talking with one or two kid-preneurs and parents who are willing to give it a go while we work out bugs and help create help articles and instructions that will make sense to kids. 🙂
Interested? Shoot me an email at gail @ learningtangent.com – can’t wait to hear from you!